Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 February 2012

I MISS YOU MOM


 

I miss the warmth of your gentle hug and the love I felt when my arms were wrapped around you. I miss seeing your beautiful smile and the sound of your voice saying my name. I miss hearing you say, “I love you,” and me saying, “I love you” in return.

 I miss saying “Mom” out loud. I miss not being able to find that special card for you, and then having found it, writing “To Mom” on it  for yet another cherished Mother’s Day.

 I miss your words of wisdom and our family without you in it. I miss the look in your eyes that traveled straight to my heart. I miss the gift of you in the life I have embraced from the day I was born. I miss YOU Mom!

 I miss having you share the feelings that linger deep within my soul; there is emptiness there where you once were. I miss you saying…”this is my daughter” and the look of pride you held with each word spoken.

I said goodbye to the part of me that held you and said, “You can go now” on that painful day!

And then, in the Grace of that moment.... I close my eyes and feel the warmth of your gentle hug once more and envision wrapping my arms around you. I see your smile as you say my name. I realize that if I could just go back into my precious memories of you I would find your treasured words of wisdom in a special place deep in my heart.

And then an overwhelming sense of peace and love surrounds me…because I suddenly realize that you already know and understand each feeling I hold within my soul before I feel it!

The part of me that let you go was the part of me that knew you would be the Angel who watched over me; that believed there truly was a God and that one day I would walk toward your wide open arms and hear you say, “This is my daughter; I love you; you can come now”!

And in the peace of that moment, angels flutter their wings and leave me…. knowing that I understand…. I am okay! You are with me in my heart!
                                  
I Love You Mom!
ABU AYAN MANGALORE

No comments:

Post a Comment